Annual Report 2020
Annual Report 2020 for the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)
Please click here
to download the Annual Report as a PDF.
Welcome to this review of RECC’s activities in 2020!
I hope you will find the information in the Annual Review interesting and useful. This report describes the huge body of work that RECC carried out during the year, under very difficult circumstances owing to the COVID-19 restrictions in place.
My thanks go to all our members who have supported us throughout the year. We couldn't have done any of it without you! My thanks also go to the RECC team members who have worked tirelessly throughout.
In the report you will find our activities broken down into sections including: promoting the code, benefits of membership, overview of members, enforcing compliance and resolving consumer complaints.
Among the high points of the year for us:
- we assisted with the launch of our sister code, the EVCC, in February 2020
- we attended and exhibited at Futurebuild at ExCel in London in early March 2020
- we took part in the virtual Solar & Storage Live event in early December 2020
- I was delighted to be awarded OBE in the 2020 New Year Honours List
- I was pleased to be a judge at the virtual Solar & Storage Live Awards in early December 2020.
To give you an overview of our numbers in 2020:
- we had 1,670 members
- we received 362 new membership applications
- we closely monitored 470 members
- we asked 10 members to respond to breaches of the Code and/or Bye-Laws
- we helped recover £28,060 for consumers which is equal to an average of £351 for each complaint RECC handled.
Find the full report here.